• Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
Plan B 104.5 FM
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
No Result
View All Result
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
No Result
View All Result
Plan B 104.5 FM
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

No Ghanaian supporter has been denied a US visa for the World Cup” — Kofi Adams

2026 WCQ: Sports Minister remains tight-lipped despite President’s call for transparency in Black Stars budget
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Minister for Sports and Recreation, Kofi Adams, has rejected claims that Ghanaian supporters are being denied US  visas ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup, which is now just 23 days away.

Speaking at a press briefing, Adams clarified that supporters linked to the government’s organised travel arrangements have not been rejected by the United States Embassy, but are instead still waiting for interview appointments as part of the visa process.

“The Ministry of Sports and Recreation and the World Cup Oversight Committee through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have held similar engagements with the United States Embassy regarding Ghana’s recreation toward the 2056 FIFA World Cup. The engagements have been positive and compact. I have read many reports that suggest FIFA recreation and that only 8 or 8 Ghanaian fans have been featured in it,” he said.

The Minister explained that the group of supporters expected to travel under the Ministry’s arrangements had not yet completed the embassy interview stage, insisting reports suggesting fans had been turned away were inaccurate.

Fans of the Black Stars cheering the team up . photo credit : GFA communications

“The truth of the matter is that the organised fans that the Ministry is leading are yet to submit themselves to the American Embassy for FIFA people. And so one is surprised that only 8 people will speak about only 8 people when that is not okay,” Adams stated.

“However, we do know that individuals may be applying for visas to travel to America, Canada, Mexico.”

The comments come amid growing public concern over visa access for supporters hoping to travel to the tournament, which will be hosted jointly by the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Adams’ clarification appears aimed at easing fears that Ghanaian fans could face restrictions ahead of the competition, while also stressing that official engagements between Ghanaian authorities and the US Embassy have remained positive.

Nacee with some fans during the Fundraising

The 2026 FIFA World Cup will be the first edition of the tournament to be hosted across three countries and is expected to attract large travelling support from participating nations around the world.

Previous Post

Supreme Court throws out Gifty Oware’s application seeking to halt her trial

Next Post

Freeze on hostel fee hikes not enough — Sammy Darkwa calls for long-term government policy

Related Posts

2025 AFCON Draw: Kwesi Appiah’s Sudan paired with Algeria and Burkina Faso
Sports

Ghana drawn with Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia and Somalia in 2027 AFCON qualifiers

May 19, 2026
Africa Games 2023: LOC Outdoors Logo, Mascot And Website
Sports

2023 African Games: LOC Chair says police couldn’t properly account for GH¢35.8m expenditure

May 19, 2026
No gold for Ghana as 24th African Senior Athletics Championships come to an end
Sports

No gold for Ghana as 24th African Senior Athletics Championships come to an end

May 18, 2026
Next Post
Freeze on hostel fee hikes not enough — Sammy Darkwa calls for long-term government policy

Freeze on hostel fee hikes not enough — Sammy Darkwa calls for long-term government policy

Discussion about this post

Listen LiVE

Plan B 104.5 FM

© 2021 Plan B 104.5 FM - All Rights Reserve. Powered. Unity Websoft.

Navigate Site

  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule

© 2021 Plan B 104.5 FM - All Rights Reserve. Powered. Unity Websoft.