• Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
Plan B 104.5 FM
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
No Result
View All Result
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
No Result
View All Result
Plan B 104.5 FM
No Result
View All Result
Home News

GH¢150,000 bribe foiled as police arrest four, intercept boat with suspected narcotics

14-Year Old Boy Sentenced For Stealing A Van In Ashaiman
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Ghana Police Service has intercepted a large boat allegedly transporting suspected narcotic substances on the Volta River and arrested four persons in a late-night intelligence-led operation.

According to police sources, the operation was carried out on February 16, 2026, at about 7:00 p.m. by officers from the Aveyime District Police.

The team was led by DSP Isaac Nyamekye, Operations Commander for the Motherland Sector and ASP Christopher Asante Ahoku, Aveyime District Commander.

“Acting on intelligence that a large boat was conveying narcotic substances in sacks along the river, the eight-member team hired a private boat and mounted an ambush on the Volta River.

“At about 2:00 a.m. on February 17, 2026, the suspected vessel was sighted heading towards Sogakope. Police signaled the operators to stop, but the occupants allegedly refused and attempted to flee, “a police statement said.

Police say the suspects became aggressive and allegedly attempted to capsize the officers’ boat in a bid to evade arrest.

The officers, however, applied what they described as minimum necessary force, overpowered the suspects and escorted both the vessel and its occupants safely ashore.

“A search of the intercepted boat reportedly uncovered 41 sacks of suspected narcotic drugs believed to be Indian hemp. Each sack contained 80 parcels, bringing the total number of parcels seized to 3,280.

“In addition to the suspected drugs, officers retrieved 14 yellow gallons filled with pre-mixed fuel and a 40-horsepower outboard motor believed to be a backup in case of mechanical failure during the journey.

“The four suspects have been identified as, Peter Kwaku, 30, boat operator, Mathew Kojo Paul, 45, boat operator, Moses Kwadwo, 21, assistant and Mawuli Soga, 25, assistant.”

Police further disclosed that the suspects allegedly attempted to bribe the officers with GH¢150,000, an offer that was firmly rejected.


During preliminary interrogation, the suspects reportedly mentioned an individual identified only as Elias as the owner of the consignment. They claimed the goods were transferred to them midstream using two smaller boats and were destined for Nigeria.

One of the suspects, Peter Kwaku, is said to have indicated that this would have been his third trip transporting similar consignments to Nigeria, following previous trips in November last year and January this year involving five and eight sacks respectively.

The suspects and the seized exhibits have been handed over to the Drug Law Enforcement Unit (DLEU) at the Ho Regional Headquarters for further investigations and subsequent arraignment before court.

Police authorities have described the operation as a demonstration of professionalism and dedication on the part of the officers involved.

They also noted that such performances are being encouraged under the leadership of Inspector-General of Police, Christian Tetteh Yohuno, whose recognition policy seeks to motivate officers who distinguish themselves in the line of duty.


Previous Post

EC is a recipe for chaos in Ghana” – George Asabre

Next Post

President Mahama assents to the 24-Hour Economy Authority Bill, 2025. –

Related Posts

GPHA Workers Stage Demo Over MPS-GPHA Concession Deal
News

Drivers threaten massive demonstration over DVLA plate sales

February 19, 2026
President Mahama assents to the 24-Hour Economy Authority Bill, 2025. –
News

President Mahama assents to the 24-Hour Economy Authority Bill, 2025. –

February 19, 2026
EC to release PVR to political parties today
News

EC is a recipe for chaos in Ghana” – George Asabre

February 19, 2026
Next Post
President Mahama assents to the 24-Hour Economy Authority Bill, 2025. –

President Mahama assents to the 24-Hour Economy Authority Bill, 2025. -

Discussion about this post

Listen LiVE

Plan B 104.5 FM

© 2021 Plan B 104.5 FM - All Rights Reserve. Powered. Unity Websoft.

Navigate Site

  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule

© 2021 Plan B 104.5 FM - All Rights Reserve. Powered. Unity Websoft.