The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has dismissed reports alleging that former Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS), General Thomas Oppong-Peprah, is under investigation for various alleged infractions.
In a press release issued on Friday, August 21, 2026, the Department of Public Relations of the Ghana Armed Forces described the report as “false and groundless.”
The GAF said it had been made aware of a news item alleging that General Oppong-Peprah, who is currently Ghana’s Deputy High Commissioner to Canada, was being investigated over alleged infractions.
“The Ghana Armed Forces wishes to state emphatically that the story is false and groundless. No such investigation is being undertaken,” the statement said.
The military urged the public to disregard the report and refrain from spreading what it described as misinformation.
General Oppong-Peprah retired from the Ghana Armed Forces after serving as Chief of the Defence Staff and was subsequently appointed Ghana’s Deputy High Commissioner to Canada.
The denial follows reports linking the former military chief to alleged procurement irregularities involving military equipment. General Oppong-Peprah has also personally denied being under any military investigation and challenged anyone with evidence of wrongdoing to make it public.
The Ghana Armed Forces has urged the public and media organisations to rely on official sources for information concerning the military and its former senior officers.

By: Bernard Mensah







Discussion about this post