The Tema Region of the Ghana National Fire Service is continuously educating the general public on safety measures to prevent market fire outbreaks in the region and the country as a whole.
Speaking on Plan B Fm morning show NKOSUONSEM with Nana Yaw Abrompah on the topic MARKET FIRES with ADOII Ebenezer Yenzu together with SOI Adjavon.
He encouraged everyone to be cautious about it, ADOII Ebenezer Yenzu said there are some markets you will go where the electrical connections have been badly done.
“They crisscross wires all over the place and leave some dangling dangerously. Even inside the shops, some electrical connections are nothing to write home about. The only way out of this situation is if the market authorities ban traders from tampering with electrical connections in their shops and the electric poles”
He advised the general public not to expose their electrical gadgets to water because it can cause a fire outbreak.
SO1 Adjavon in his contribution said using generators inside the market doesn’t only cause noise and pollution, but can also cause fire outbreaks.
“The general power generators are usually mounted outside the market so they rarely catsharks to traders and shoppers”
He stressed that cooking in marketplaces is a bad practice so those that wish to eat either leave their shops to visit these restaurants or order food, which is sent over to them.
Alternatively, they can buy from the numerous food vendors that are found in their numbers within the market.
“The major thing here is that people are not allowed to cook inside the market. But some markets don’t observe this simple strategy . You can also see women that kept small kerosene stoves, Coalports, and camping gas cookers in their shops, which they use to cook food sometimes causes of market fire outbreaks”
Discussion about this post