• Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • Login
Plan B 104.5 FM
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
No Result
View All Result
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule
No Result
View All Result
Plan B 104.5 FM
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Guinea-Bissau’s coup d’état may not be the last in West Africa – Prof Kwesi Aning

U.S. Report: Blame Foreign Affairs Ministry for The Rubbish, Contemptuous Report – Prof Kwesi Anning
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Security expert Prof Kwesi Aning has cautioned that the Wednesday, November 26, coup d’état in Guinea-Bissau may not be the last in West Africa.

According to him, “There is a bigger question about the usefulness of democracy, the nature of leadership, issues around corruption, transparency….this is not going to end, this may not be the last coup d’ etat.”

He also explained that the current situation in some of the West African states is not friendly and could easily fuel such military actions.

Speaking on Joy FM on Thursday, November 27, he attributed such developments to poor political management, noting that when citizens struggle to access social amenities and meet basic daily needs, the likelihood of further military interventions increases.

On Wednesday, a group of military officers said they had seized control of Guinea-Bissau amid reports that the president, Umaro Sissoco Embaló, had been arrested.

Shortly after, gunshots were heard in the capital, Bissau. Government sources revealed that Embaló had been detained.

The officers then appeared on state TV, saying they had suspended the electoral process, as the West African nation awaited the outcome of Sunday’s presidential election.

They said they were acting to thwart a plot by unnamed politicians who had “the support of a well-known drug baron” to destabilise the country, and announced the closure of its borders and imposed a night-time curfew.

The country held its national elections on Sunday, November 23, 2025.

Previous Post

Ghana condemns coup d’état in Guinea-Bissau

Next Post

Portugal wins FIFA Under-17 World Cup title against Austria

Related Posts

President Mahama Officially Swears in COP Yohuno as New IGP
News

Police debunk false claims: IGP Christian Tetteh Yohuno confirmed safe and in Good health

November 30, 2025
Eastern Region: Court Orders Auction Of GES Vehicles To Pay Teachers’ GH¢3.5M Salary Arrears
News

Two farmers fined for keeping cattle in residential area

November 30, 2025
Monday, September 23 declared public holiday
News

December 5 declared a public holiday to celebrate Farmers’ Day

November 30, 2025
Next Post
Portugal wins FIFA Under-17 World Cup title against Austria

Portugal wins FIFA Under-17 World Cup title against Austria

Discussion about this post

Listen LiVE

Plan B 104.5 FM

© 2021 Plan B 104.5 FM - All Rights Reserve. Powered. Unity Websoft.

Navigate Site

  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Coronavirus
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • World
  • More
    • Health
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Legal
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Technology
  • Entertainment & Arts
  • Our Radio Schedule

© 2021 Plan B 104.5 FM - All Rights Reserve. Powered. Unity Websoft.